Friday, December 11, 2009

new vs. nostalgia

I'm sorry, I know I should be running out to the local big box to buy new LED lights for my Christmas decorating, but somehow I can't bring myself to be bullied into going green. I LIKE the glow of the old fashioned, energy sucking bulbs. These newfangled things just have such a cold light to them. Now, before you chastise me for not doing my part for the planet, let me remind you that I recycle, consolidate all my shopping trips into one, turn off lights and the tv when I leave the room, don't let water run unnecessarily, use green bags at the grocery store, keep the thermostat at 67 in the winter and use fans instead of air conditioning in the summer. There's more, but you get the idea. What do I drive? I have no guilty feelings about driving a Jeep. I need 4 wheel drive, love Chrystler products, and maintain it so fuel is not wasted (e.g. proper tire inflation, tune-ups, I don't speed).
Back to the Christmas Lights- so until LEDs have that warm, cheery glow, I'll stick with my multi-colored C7's for my tree and twinkling mini-bulbs on my porch. It's only for a month anyway.
Happy Chanukah!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment